Following the recent elections process, a number of vacancies remain on the MiP National Committee:
The National Committee is the made up of MiP members and is responsible for the policy and bargaining agenda for the union. This year, the committee’s work has included:
- Scotland (2 seats)
- South East (1 seat)
- South Central (1 seat)
- Wales (2 seats)
- Yorkshire & Humber (1 seat)
- Supporting members through the pandemic by influencing Government and employers as well as providing guidance and support
- Determining MiP’s position on pay and pensions, healthcare management and health and social care policy
- Sustaining member engagement through online events, consultations and training.
- Directing an organising strategy which has created more reps raising the visibility and influence of MiP
- Approving a programme of events and guidance to support our members become better managers
There are 16 members of the Committee representing all the UK nations and regions. The Committee is currently meeting online but expects to hold a mixture of online and face-to-face meetings in the future. Committee members offer a wide range of experience and knowledge gained through work, union or community activity. The committee is keen to increase the diversity of representation.
Members elected this autumn will serve for two years, from 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2023.
If you are an MiP member working in one of above areas and would like further information about joining the National Committee, please contact Helen Carr, MiP head of operations (email@example.com) for an informal chat. Further information will be sent in our regular Friday email bulletins over the coming months. To make sure you receive these emails, please check that your membership details are up to date by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Committee election timetable
- Nominations open 24 September 2021 (closing 1 November 2021)
- Election opens 15 November 2021 (closing 10 December 2021)
- New committee takes office: 1 January 2022
MiP will hold an induction meeting for new committee members in early November. The MiP Summit, being held online from 8-12 November will be an early opportunity to participate and be part of MiP’s planning for 2022.
In order to be nominated, you need to download and return the National Committee nomination form to MiP by the closing date of 1 November. You can also read our guidance on the nomination form and MiP’s guide to the National Committee.