Job Vacancies: 3x National Officers
MiP are hiring 3x National Officers to support our work representing and standing up for senior managers in the NHS. You’ll join a team of highly motivated National Officers throughout the UK who are leaders in their respective regions for the union.
Location: Home-based in respective region
Starting salary: £50,096, plus £3,142 Annual Subsistence Allowance, and Car
Closing date: 4 May 2023
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
MiP’s National Officers are employed by UNISON.
Our three vacancies are covering the following regions:
- South Central and South West
- East of England and North London
- Northern Ireland and North West England
Are you ready to make a difference for senior NHS managers? Please read on below for more information about the roles and how to apply.
As MiP’s key leader in your areas, you are a self-starter managing demands and delivering high standards across wide-ranging responsibilities: recruitment and organisation; representing members individually and collectively; developing the union’s profile and influence; and speaking up for managers and the value of their role.
You lead planning in your areas on our organising agenda, a high priority for our rapidly growing membership. You advise and represent individual members yourself and support workplace reps to do the same. You extend our influence on key issues and challenges for members, by working with your reps to develop the union’s partnerships with employers and regional NHS structures. You keep members informed of our work for them, liaise with UNISON branches and regions and act as the spokesperson for the union on local and regional stories.
You will have skills and experience that include:
- Demonstrable leadership.
- A track record of using initiative and independence.
- Considerable knowledge of an industrial relations environment and a track record of high level negotiation and representation.
- Experience of advocacy in difficult situations.
- Ability to develop strategies, plans and solutions to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work on and manage projects.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and experience of influencing people at all levels.
- Highly organised
- Commitment to the aims and principles of the trade union movement.
How to apply:
To apply for any of these opportunities please visit UNISON’s website via the links below for the application forms and further information.
Please note that only the provided application forms will be accepted for consideration.
Completed application forms must be received by no later than 5pm on Thursday 4 May 2023. Interviews will take place on provisionally week commencing 22 May 2023. Exact date to be advised.
Managers in Partnership (MiP) is the UK’s specialist trade union for health and care managers, providing personal support and a public voice for over 7,000 members working in the NHS, private and voluntary sectors.