Thursday 19 November 2020
You are invited to join a series of FDA Learn webinars. They are all free and open to MiP members.
If you would be interested in joining any of the sessions below, please email email@example.com and you will be sent the password to reserve your free place. Please note that the FDA and MiP webinar platform, Crowdcast, works best in Chrome and Firefox browsers.
Looking after yourself in these times – an online well Being Retreat
Monday 26 November at 9:30-11:30am
This workshop comprising 2 sessions is delivered by Sophie Bryan, who runs Ordinarily Different Ltd, a workplace culture consultancy and is a qualified yoga teacher. This is a new concept aimed at supporting staff at all levels needing to take a ‘retreat’ to re-charge. This session is open to everyone, so please forward to colleagues and friends who you think might be interested in attending.
- The first hour is a webinar - health & wellbeing, managing stress, resilience, riding the “Coronacoster" adapting to changes and challenges in this new world -offering useful tools and techniques.
- Then the second hour is yoga - more interactive and practical, bringing in not only stretches for tension and rejuvenation, but also focusing on relaxation and keeping stress at bay (you can do this with your video off!) .
Developing a flexible career in Public Delivery in New Times
Thursday 27 November at 10am-12pm
This interactive zoom workshop is delivered by Ruth Passman who has just retired after a 20 year career at senior executive level in the Civil Service and NHS.
The session will focus on the skills are needed to look across the public sector at diverse career opportunities especially in these times when some of us will need to look at role changes. Those attending will look at:
- Identify what drives you and how that may be harnessed to help you look across the wider public sector.
- Pinpoint the transferable skills and experience you have and how to express these when adapting your CV and seeking wider roles and/or experience.
- Play to your unique attributes and find the best approach to cross sector horizon scanning
- Consider the opportunities of making a sectoral switch or developing a portfolio career.
- Examine real life public sector career scenarios